Sajad Enteshari, PhD
Department of Civil Engineering, Room no. 336
Isfahan University of Technology, Isfahan, Iran
Phone: +98 31 33913850
Dr. Sajad Enteshari is currently a Postdoctoral research Fellow at the Department of Civil Engineering at Isfahan University of Technology (IUT). He researches on the social aspects of water resources management in Zayandehrud river basin. In addition, he tries to design a pattern of participatory water management through field studies. Previously, he earned his Ph.D. in Water resources management at IUT under the supervision of Prof. Hamid Reza Safavi. In 2017 he had the opportunity to spend the sabbatical in the IHE Delft Institute for Water Education, Delft, the Netherlands, under the supervision of prof. Pieter van der Zaag. He was ranked 1th among undergraduate students in all B.Sc., M.Sc. and Ph.D. studies. His update Curriculum Vitae is available here.
Participatory Water Management
Rural Development & Regional Development
Grants and Awards
- Six month scholarship from the Ministry of Science of Iran to visit “IHE- Delft Institute for Water Education,” Delft, Netherlands, 2017 €8000.
- Six month scholarship from the IHE-Delft Institute for Water Education €1500.
- First rank in the entrepreneurial event of water (HAMNET event), $1500.
- Full monthly scholarship and grant from National Elite Foundation, Iran, 2014-2015 $300 per month.
Lectures & Coaching
- Facilitation techniques in identifying local communities, Social NGOs of Isfahan, 2019
- Applying Transparency in Improving Governance, Isfahan university of technology, 2019
- lecture of Zayandehrud River Management Panel at the Governance and Policy Conference, 2019
- Instructor of Iran Nasha Rural Entrepreneurship Event, 2018
- Coach of IKAB Entrepreneurship Event, 2016
- Social entrepreneurship and cultural activities, Razavi Shrine Conference Hall, Mashhad,Iran 2016
- Instructor of Hamnet Roosta Rural Entrepreneurship Event, 2016
- Enteshari, Sajad, Safavi, Hamid Reza & van der Zaag Pieter, “Simulating the interactions between the water and the socio-economic system in a stressed endorheic basin”, Hydrology science journal, VOL. 65, NO. 13, 2159–2174, 2020 https://doi.org/10.1080/02626667.2020.1802027
- Enteshari, S., Safavi, H.R. Development of System Dynamics for Holistic Conceptualization of Water Resources Problems Using Grounded Theory: A Case Study of the Zayandehrud River Basin. Iran J Sci Technol Trans Civ Eng (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s40996-020-00487-6
- Hamid R. Safavi, Sajad Enteshari, “Conjunctive Use of Surface and Groundwater Resources Using the Ant System Optimization”, agricultural water management, volume 173, pages:23-34, 2016. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S037837741630155X
- Enteshari, Sajad & Safavi, Hamid Reza, “Investigation of Administrative-Institutional System of Water Management in the Zayandehrud Basin Using Qualitative Method of Grounded Theory”, Volume 30, Issue 6, 1-17, 2019 (in Persian).
- Enteshari, Sajad & Safavi, Hamid Reza, “Qualitative evaluation of the principles of water governance in Iran with emphasis on the principle of transparency”, 1st Conference on Governance and Public Policy, Tehran, 2017 (in Persian).
- Hamid R. Safavi, Sajad Enteshari, “SOCIAL TOOLS FOR RESOLVING THE WATER CRISIS IN THE ZAYANDEHRUD RIVER BASIN”, International Conference on “Water and Environment in New Millennium: Education and Capacity Building”, 2016
- S. Enteshari, H. R. Safavi, M. S. Ebrahimi, “Evaluation of artificial neural networks (ANN) in groundwater level simulation”, in 5th Iranian Water Resources Management Conference, Tehran, 2014 (in Persian).
EXPERIENCES & PROJECTS
- Assessing the capacity of economic development in 5 counties of Sistan and Baluchestan, 2020
- The Head of Project: "Designing a framework for analyzing water resources governance in local communities," 2019.
- Rural development monitoring in Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad Provinces, 2018
- Cooperation for Project: "Designing a model for identifying local communities," 2018
- The Head of Project: "Application of quantitative and qualitative research methods in rural development," 2018
- The Head of Project: “social issues of water resources in Zayandehrud basin,” 2016, €2000
- Cooperation for Project: “Considering water management systems in Zayandehrud basin,” 2017, €4000
- Member of the Steering Committee of Etebari research center, Jul. 2014-2015
- Teaching: Matlab programing, Etebari research center, 2014
- Teacher assistant: Numerical modeling in water resources, IUT, 2012-2013
- Teacher assistant: Static and Strength of materials, Shahid Bahonar University, 2010
- Member of executive committee, 2nd National Seminar on Irrigation and Evapotranspiration, Kerman, Feb. 2010